Saturday, January 31, 2009

Update 1st Week Back to Work

I went back to work on Monday. By the time Friday came around I was wiped out. It was really hard to get past having so much pain during the day. I had hubby bring my wheelchair in, so I could keep my leg elevated. I also kept an ice pack in the freezer at work, which I used towards the end of the work day. I ended up working through my lunch, so I could leave early everyday. My ankle was swollen and painful by the time I got home, so I am icing and keeping it up as much as possible. I also started therapy on Wednesday. I did some stretching exercises, electric stimulation and the ice boot. I am still in the boot until I can get a little more range side to side and get my ankle stronger. I will post a new pic in a few days.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I think that after my MRI that I have on my ankle this week, I am going to be going down the same road as you (hopefully without the 2nd surgery). Thank you for all the helpful information and would love to be kept updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found my page. I was at a loss when I was diagnosed. There really isn't much out there on this type of injury. Please keep me posted. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting your story! I have my surgery next week - eek! I will probably do some blogging about it as well. (www.adventureswithjen.com) Crossing my fingers for a steady recovery!

    ReplyDelete