Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Peroneal Tendon Injury Part 2



This is what happened next...
I had my surgery on July 8th and came home in this (sorry for the very bad photo). They called it a surgical cast. In reality, it was a very big heavy monstrosity of a thing. The doctor repaired my tendon tear and did a Brostrom stabilization of my ligaments. He also did a pain block which gave me about 2 days of manageable pain. I was able to get to the bathroom about 3 steps with a walker and a lot of help(no weight bearing). I mainly needed help because the cast was so heavy and awkward. The doctor also said to just stay on the pain meds (Percocet) every two hours to maintain my pain level. This was the best advise. No waking up in unbearable pain. I had my first surgical follow-up 1 week later. I didn't take a second picture until week 2. Cast 2 was blue and a lot lighter. Photo 2 is 2 weeks post op. when the 1st blue cast was removed. Stitches were removed at this time. Be warned they are very vivid and graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment