Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Peroneal Tendon Injury Part 6 ...WTH


Ok, so by now I am very discouraged. The nerve pain is just ungodly. My ankle looks like this. It is November now and I am 4 months post-op and 7 months after my initial injury. My doctor has given be a pain block. If I am pain free then it is the sural nerve that is causing my pain. Unfortunately...I had no pain for about 2 days. This means that I will need to have a 2nd surgery to free the nerve from the tendon and to check for a neuroma. I don't know if I am more upset this time or last. Everyone keeps saying at least I know what to expect. I keep thinking that is why I am scared sh**less. It is not a good time...not that there is a good time. My job is crazy and I am part of an aquisition team for a new agency we just purchased. And the saddest part for me is this is the only time we go back to New Hampshire (where I am from) for Christmas. And we drive home, which is about 16 hours.
So, I schedule my surgery for December 15th about 5 months after my 1st. I break the news to my boss and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment