Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How it all happened Part 1

I have not read much on this type of injury, so I have decided to post my experience. This is not your typical blog. I am back blogging in segments starting back on April 10th 2008, when I was injured in a bizarre accident. I was walking back into work and was tripped up by a dog that was tied to the rail at the back door. Unbeknown to me, I subsequently tore my Peroneus Brevis tendon.
I was initially told that I had a bad sprain and limped about on it for a few weeks, until the pain got unbearable. I went back to the urgent care doctor who now said I had torn ligaments. He put me in a air splint, gave me pain meds and told me to make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. I made an appointment and the ortho doc said basically the same thing and told me to stay in the splint and to return if pain and swelling wasn't better within the next week. I ended up going back to the ortho doc who said that now that the overall swelling was better, he was now pretty sure I had a torn tendon. The MRI confirmed I had a longitudinal tear in my Preroneus Brevis tendon and I was scheduled for surgery on July 8, 2008. It will be about 9 weeks from the day of my accident.

What can I expect? I am scheduled for surgery July 8th and will be in a surgical cast for 1 week. In a plaster cast for 2 weeks (no weight bearing), stitches out, in another cast for 4 weeks (light weight bearing with crutches and then walking boot for 4 weeks. The recovery is a 6 to 9 month deal. Hopefully shorter.

This is a very good link that give quite a bit of information on the surgery (be warned very graphic pics) procedure and location of the tendon.

http://www.myfootshop.com/detail.asp?Condition=Peroneal+Tendon+Rupture



Where and what is the Peroneus Brevis...you ask?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Always glad to share our educational content with you but I noticed that the link to our pages for peroneal tendon ruptures has changed. The new link is http://www.myfootshop.com/article/peroneal-tendon-rupture
    Hope you're feeling better.
    Dr. O
    Myfootshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email;  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or     Whatsapp     +2349010754824    website. http://drrealakhigbe.weebly.comDr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV,  Herpes , Cancer,  Chronic Disease,  Asthma ,  Parkinson's disease, Soreness and Injury,  External infection,  Als, progeria, common cold,  multiple sclerosis disease,   Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea, Heart Disease, meningitis, Esquizofrenia, Toxoplasmosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis,Diabetes,  Kidney Disease,  Lupus,  Epilepsy,   Stroke,Eczema, Erysipelas, Tetanus,  Eating Disorder,  Back Pain. Osteoporosis etccontact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete