Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Peroneal Tendon Injury Part 11 Surgery #2


Last post was yucky...sorry! I have a new pic. I am now 5 week post-op and 9 months from my accident. WOW! Doesn't look as gross and we are almost in real-time with my posting. I went to the doctors and my major complaint now is that I am having heal pain and can feel this weird horizontal band thing in the back of my heal. Not the bottom, but in the back so...guess what the doctor said? He said it is my Achilles tendon. I am like what? He wants me to stay in the Cam Boot and to start therapy. Told me to be extra careful so I don't damage it. Great! Oh and I am going back to work Monday... that is probably a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap Janice!!! I had no idea how bad it was!!! I will be home next week, and my world is FINALLY going to slow down - so let me know if you're home or working and either way I'll come see you we'll do lunch. Or I'll bring you lunch. And PS LOVE LOVE LOVE the profile picture if you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice! You don't know me but I was research things on the web about my ankle surgery and continuing problems I am STILL having after my surgery and came across your blog! I had Peroneal Groove Deepening/Fibular Osteotomy on Feb. 26, 2008 and am STILL out of work going through HELL!! I also developed that HORRIBLE PAIN in the back of my heal and the docs told me that it was Bursitis, something that developes from being in those damn casts and boots...def PAINFUL!! Especially when you try to wear a closed shoe and it pushes on the back of your heal. Like we need more things on top of everything else we've been through! I have been getting nerve blocks for some time now that really don't work that long and there is talk of having another surgery where they are going to sever the nerve and bury it in the muscle. What I wanted to ask you is, did you get MASSIVE pain on the TOP of your foot? I swear I am worse off now than I was before surgery!!

    ReplyDelete