Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Peroneal Tendon Injury Part 3


About 3 weeks after my surgery, I made the huge mistake of going back to work. Yes, my darling husband drove me to work everyday and pushed me in a wheelchair. I say it was a mistake because I was in horrible pain and was trying to do a job that required way too much of me when I was 100%. I was miserable. In this next picture I am just about 4 week post-op (after 1st blue cast came off). My ankle looks pretty gross (sorry for the bad photo). The pain is pretty consistent and my leg has shrunk so much I can slip a very thin flat ice pack down my cast. I can't get it down to my incision, but it feels good anyway. I remember that this was about the time I started having these weird sensations in my ankle, like electrical shocks. I was thinking it was just because I hadn't moved my ankle in like forever. Cast number 3 went on (another light Carolina Blue one) and I remember thinking I just wanted to take my ugly ankle and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment