Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Went to the Doctors Today

I went to the doctors today. He said he was pleased with how well we are doing with the packing of the wound. Truth be told, Jake (hubby) does it best. Even through the tears and the pain of the daily ritual, I know that when it is done, he will give me the best hug ever. I still am unable to go back to work for at least another 3 weeks and this is stressing me out. I am also still having a significant amount of pain. My ankle feels very irritated. The pain is throbbing and sharp at the same time.
On another note, my daughter Kelsea is in the Azalea Festival Princess Pageant this weekend. I am hoping that I will be able to get around in the wheelchair. This is another one of those special moments that has become more complicated with my ankle issues. Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. I have been trying to post for days now and could not.

    Let's see if this will let me post.

    Glad you doctor appt went well. I hope you get to go to Kelsea's pageant this weekend. I will pray hard.

    My hubby finally let me get someone to clean our house, he is finally grossed out at the dirtiness of it, since I cannot clean it.

    Next week I meet with my surgeon again.

    Hugs and prayers -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Had the surgery consultation--I was already sold on doing it since being in the cam walker has done nothing in the past five weeks and I live in pain. The surgeon told me I would have a zero chance of recovering without the surgery and 99% percent chance of recovery with surgery. He did say that there is a possibility that when they go in the tendons will look like crab meat (his terms) and they won't be able to sew it up and will instead have to clean it out and it will become a tendon transfer surgery which will delay my rehab about one or two months. My appointment in on March 11th and I can't wait to get this done.

    I hope that you had a good weekend. I was actually born and lived in NC and VA but live in Seattle now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, Please keep me posted about your appointment this week. I will keep you in my prayers.

    Kimberly, I too was told that my tendon might be one big mess. Originally the doctor thought he was going to have to take a tendon from my arm, so when I woke from surgery, the first thing I did was look at my arms. Lucky for me my tendon was repairable. I am praying for you.

    Blessings Ladies!

    ReplyDelete