Tuesday, February 17, 2009

30 Reasons Why I Wish This Never Happened to Me.

Today I thought I would share some stuff about how my ankle injury has impacted my life. First let me say that the injury itself is pretty overwhelming. Then there are the numerous complications and limitations that stem from the original accident.
<-- This is the reason I keep on going and try to stay positive. My sweet daughter Kelsea and my loving husband Jake. :)

30 Reasons Why I Wish This Never Happen to Me
  1. I am scared and angry. Let me repeat that "I am scared and angry".
  2. I am in constant pain (can't remember what it is like to not have pain).
  3. I have been unable to return to work & constantly worry about my job.
  4. I am unable to enjoy doing things with family .
  5. I pretty much spend my days on the couch with my leg propped up or in bed. This is the only way I can be somewhat comfortable.
  6. I am not getting a full paycheck and had to file a WC claim. This is very stressful and money is not just tight, but non-existing.
  7. My ankle is controlling my life right now.
  8. My family is feeling my stress.
  9. I don't know if I will have a job, when all this is said and done.
  10. I had to hire a lawyer to help us with this confusing mess.
  11. I have my first staph infection and it is no fun.
  12. I have to have my wound packed everyday, and it hurts like nobodies business.
  13. I have gain weight just sitting around.
  14. I can't get in the pool to swim, until my infection clears up.
  15. I am missing all the cool stuff my daughter is doing, and get to only see it on video or by digital photos my hubby takes.
  16. Taking a shower is a major effort.
  17. Walking with anything in my hands is difficult at best. I either spill, drop or I am shaking too much.
  18. I have 2 huge scars and a tree trunk for an ankle.
  19. I miss walking and driving.
  20. I realized that even if I wanted to go out to a store, that all the electric carts will either be gone, the batteries will be dead or they don't have them.
  21. I have more ice packs in my freezer than I do frozen food.
  22. I get my pain meds in quantities of 80
  23. I don't cook, clean or enjoy being home anymore.
  24. We need to get better cable TV. We only get the local channels to save money.
  25. My laptop is a good distraction from the pain.
  26. I miss going to church.
  27. My dog and 2 cats want to be near me all the time now. They say that pets know when something is wrong.
  28. I hate answering my cell phone and get overwhelmed when it rings. I haven't figured out why yet?
  29. I live in my PJs and sweats and very rarely put on a bra, unless I have an appointment or have to go out.
  30. I am trying really hard to put this all in God's hands. Faith is a b*tch!

3 comments:

  1. OH, I could have written this list only I have been "home bound" for 5 weeks. NO driving and I so miss church which probably has to do with my attitude! FINALLY my hubby agree temporarily we can get a maid cuz he is now disgusted with how filthy the house has become cuz I just cannot do it. I could go on but you pretty much summed my life up in your 30 points. Let's try and have a good attitude today. That is all i can promise now. I have to get out of this funk. It just hurts that I cannot play with my son. He tells everyone "mommy's ankle hurt" and when he plays outside he knows mommy can only sit in her chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I had to tell you that I finally got the electric cart at the grocery store - i was so humbled and embarassed. My hubby drove me to the store so I could just get out of the house.
    The carts drive so slowly and then you have to reach for everything. That day I came home and cried thinking "what has my life come to?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, I just answered your other question about the nerve damage. About my 30 list, I was just realizing how much this has changed my life. I really do have a pretty positive attitude most of the time. I too rode in one of those electric carts for the first time the other day. I kept crashing into stuff and couldn't figure out how to back up straight, so I ended up driving around the isles. LOL!

    ReplyDelete